Welcome to Footprints of Emergence

Re: Welcome to Footprints of Emergence

by Barbara Berry -
Number of replies: 2

Hi Roy! 

Yes, I was thinking this very thing last night - that we will have different footprints depending on who is creating them and yes, I can imagine that this will be a foundation for ongoing redesign. What a great idea!  Thanks for the reminder on Etienne's work. Yes, I have also been deep into sociomateriality and so I am also wondering about how the "footprints" themselves are mitigating artifacts for emergence : )

so much to discuss....I have loads of questions too from the articles but I have to run to a meeting. 

will be back...

Barb

In reply to Barbara Berry

by Jenny Mackness -

Hi Barb - "footprints" as mitigating artifacts for emergence" - Wow - that's a thought and fits with the discussion on how social media influence research - that is going on in the Networked Learning Conference Hotseat at the moment - http://networkedlearningconference.ning.com/forum/categories/encoded-researchers-pedagogies-and-other-posthuman-concoctions/listForCategory

In reply to Jenny Mackness

by Barbara Berry -

Hi Jenny, 

Thanks! Will check this out. I have not participated in the "hotseats" but I have noticed these in the past. I think it would be useful for me to get into this mix. 

will be in touch with what I find....

I am reading a lot about complexity, activity theory, sociomateriality and spatiality...so this is where I am coming from. I am actually thinking seriously of another trip to Stirling : )

cheers, 

Barb