February 7 Web Conference: eBook Authoring Strategies and Platforms with Scott Leslie

Re: February 7 Web Conference: eBook Authoring Strategies and Platforms with Scott Leslie

by Susanne Nyrop -
Number of replies: 0

Scott, I am really looking forward to your presentation and our following discussion. I skimmed your slides (another convenient way of getting a fast forward knowledge in no time using screen reading).

In the past, ever since I grew into such a webhead, I've been blogging, wordpress-style, with blogspot, xanga and Elgg, in the context of Edublogs (that has now been put to sleep). I've been into wiki(spaces) as an easy manageable writing tool. Moodle also allows quite a bit of easy sharing with a select group.

Like you, I'm not yet convinced that iPads would be my preferred standard, especially because of Apple's possesive rules. And also because my poor vision enjoys the comfort of the large 24" screen on my iMac

And then I stumbled on something new (or classic - but in a new dress):         the idea of Book Sprints, not because of the technology but of the collaboration model. get together, decide what has to be done, and then do it. More or less so. Now that is something I've been doing in the past, somehow, I would like to do more, and more often.

Back to reading Scott's slides...

yours, Sus