Dual Mode Conferences

Re: Dual Mode Conferences: Help with a McKnight Scheme

by Joyce McKnight -
Number of replies: 3
Hello all: Do any of you know who might help me propose and then manage a dual conference. I am in the process of making a conference proposal for 2012 for the Adult Education Research Conference (AERC) on behalf of Empire State College/State University of New York. The AERC is the major research conference for adult educators in the US and I am quite keen on linking them to the OER-U and rest of our movement. I would like to propose that we do a dual conference such as those discussed here. ESC has some in-house experience with dual modes but this is a large, show-case type undertaking and I want to do it well. Any suggestions? Anyone willing to help a bit? I can't promise remuneration other than my gratitude. Thanks in advance. Joyce McKnight, SUNY/Empire State College
In reply to Joyce McKnight

by Maria Droujkova -
Joyce,

I would recommend Nellie Deutsch, who is a member here. Also, Steve Hargadon of Classroom 2.0 - please email me droujkova@gmail.com for details. It may be better to think of a microgrant to support people who will help somewhat.

by Dr. Nellie Deutsch -
Hi Joyce,

Great to "see" you here and thank you, Maria, for recommending me. Yes, I would love to help, Joyce.

by Pheo Martin -
Hi Joyce,
I would be glad to help as I can. Nellie will be a great resource, and I can learn from her as we work together. :) Having a connection with the OER-U planning committee I would like to link these also. Dual mode conferences and classes have so much to offer education -- another digital adventure for us. Pheo