Exceptional Online Conferences: Your experiences

Re: Exceptional Online Conferences: Your experiences

by Dr. Nellie Deutsch -
Number of replies: 4
Thank you, Tony. One of my wishes just came true. Here's a free program I just received in my mailbox by Bigmarker: http://www.bigmarker.com
In reply to Dr. Nellie Deutsch

by Tony Carr -
This does look very useful. There are so few good synchronous collaboration environments available at low or no cost. Colleagues in our Learning Technologies team here recently tested Big Blue Button out quite thoroughly but noted that there was no way yet to record live sessions from within Big Blue Button. (Perhaps recordings could still be made using software like Camtasia?)

by Pheo Martin -
Thank You Nellie! This is such an important technological piece for open online education. I had not been able to find any 'work around.' Now, I don't have to. I look forward to exploring (and I love exploring) this new territory. Pheo :)
In reply to Pheo Martin

by Dr. Nellie Deutsch -
Hi Pheo,

I love exploring, too, I find that live online conferences are great because of the chat boxes. I would not be able to survive hours of listening or watching (if the webcams are available) if it weren't for the chat boxes. That's where I can connect with others, pose questions in real time, and learn about new technologies. The sharing that goes in in online conferences via the chatboxes is incredible.

I find online conferences more meaningful than f2f conferences because I can share/learn about websites/technologies and access them in real time. I love multitasking online so the chatboxes/online conferences are perfect for my learning preferences.

by Pheo Martin -

Hi Nellie, yes, the chat exchanges are so productive, and meeting new people is a great aspect. I hope that more conferences go online -- we can have more presenters, and even more attendees, and usually have access to the presentations we have missed. The expense factor is huge too.

The bandwidth problem has slowed video usage in Elluminate. Has WIZIQ solved this?