Are you ready for QR codes?

Re: Are you ready for QR codes? use in augmented reality

by Adam Weisblatt -
Number of replies: 2
When I first started playing with QR codes (as a consumer) they were gee wiz cool but I suspected that they were a solution in search of a problem.

Through this course I've seen three important uses for them:

- Equipment training - put the QR on the equipment to lead to the mLearning training module for that equipment (Someone mentioned that in the chat during a webinar this week or last. Sorry I can't remember who)

- Augmented reality - I've been wondering how people connect augmented reality content with their location. GPS data could do it but QR codes would be so much simpler. For education, this could be a great way to connect to learning on site.

- Storytelling - A great way to involve learners would be to get them out into a location playing a sort of scavenger hunt game with QR codes and then providing rich content through storytelling. Because of social media, the static-one-way QR code would transform into a two way interactive tool
In reply to Adam Weisblatt

by Inge Ignatia de Waard -
oh Adam, I really like your storytelling application in combination with social media. really great idea.
In reply to Adam Weisblatt

by Eva Birger -

Adam, great suggestion about the storytelling. Now I have to think about the the perfect concept and theme.

This thread helped me a lot. I mentioned in my blog under relevant data.