Introductions

Re: Introductions

by Jo Ann Hammond-Meiers -
Number of replies: 4
Hi Nancy and others,
This is my 3rd Scope Seminar.

I am a Registered Psychologist, Academy of American Dance/Movement Therapist Registered, and a Registered Canadian Art therapist who has been involved in learning and teaching online since 2003. I am presently teaching on contract with U of Lethbridge online in Health Psychology.

I'm also about to take my last course in the Graduate Diploma in Distance Education and Technology with Athabasca University -- in September -- and have been reading in this area in preparation for the course.

I like these seminars -- as I am learning with community. I am also very busy and I'm really wanting to stay more grounded in do-able ideas for online teaching and communications of all kinds.

Jo Ann Hammond-Meiers

In reply to Jo Ann Hammond-Meiers

Re: Introductions

by Frederica-Azania Clare -

Hi All!

This is my first time participating in a SCOPE seminar. I am excited about it all...especially the company.

I recently completed my first online course at www.facinghistory.org . That was indeed a trip.  I was able to speak with a "Schindler's List" holocaust survivor! ...Memorable experience, as was the entire course.

I have been a volunteer with  www.nabuur.com for five years and am one of the founders of Kamenge Village in Burundi. With the help of our "nabuurs" the Friends (Quakers) Women's Association, built a Trauma Recovery Center!

Now that we, the M.D., Nurse, myself, and all of our Friends and eighbors...  have begun the War Trauma Recovery Center, we want to be able to begin ONLINE TREATMENT for RAPE and other WAR TRAUMA RECOVERY, utilizing the techniques of psychoneuroimmunology and psychoanalysis. With Licenced Mental Health Professionals volunteering online, I am thinking of using  a "Second Life" setting and creating a Virtual Clinic where war trauma and rape trauma patients may begin or continue their recovery.

I think the techniques in the book and the skills and compassion of this group will help us.

What do you think?

Pax,

www.paxafrica.com

Frederica-Azania Clare, M.A. 

In reply to Frederica-Azania Clare

Q about delivering trauma treatment online

by Christine Horgan -

Claire:

I am intriqued by your concept, and I would like to know more about how you could use Second Life to delivery trauma treatment on-line.

Thank you, Chris

In reply to Christine Horgan

Re: Q about delivering trauma treatment online

by Frederica-Azania Clare -

Dear Christine,

Somehow when I attempted to answer you I wound up in CHAT mode. Are you able to find my response there? I am a first time Seminar person, dealing with the learning curve. Please let me know how to go...Thanks! Pax, Azania