Focus Questions for the first week...

Re: Focus Questions for the first week...

by Jo Ann Hammond-Meiers -
Number of replies: 0
Dear Dave,
Thanks for sharing your inspiring eportfolio ideas and examples.

I am presently not teaching, but teach on contract and am doing a course re-write instead at the present time -- and I am a full time clinical psychologist in private practice.

In one of my GDDET courses with AU a couple of years ago, the students had to prepare an e-portfolio. The professors commented that they were all good -- and all very different. We had been directed to a site that gave some information on how to construct an e-portfolio, but really I think if I had had Dave's example -- I would have been clearer about what I might have focused upon. I really enjoyed doing it but as I am established in a career -- my interest is more about how to make an "excellent example" for students that I am likely to influence in the future -- including my son who starts university in the fall.

I like the idea of breaking up the e-portfolio into topic areas -- that can be easily labelled and accessed.

I'm looking forward to the Elluminate session today -- although I may be a few minutes late getting logged on as I have a client til 2:00 MST. Hope to hear more ideas to help me develop an effective example for future teaching.

Jo Ann

I hope to use the