SOF Declaration

Re: SOF Declaration

by Nalin Abeysekera -
Number of replies: 2

What I really want to see is to benchmark one country .Still e-learning is a fairly new concept to Sri lanka. We want to learn ..i want to share my knowledge and I want to do some research on this area.(.known to unknown in research)..for that I learned many from this forum.. on my side I tried to share my knowledge..

I think I want  to benchmark Canada and use it as a model in Sri Lanka in the future..This is what management is all about.

In reply to Nalin Abeysekera

by Dr. Nellie Deutsch -
Hello Nalin,
Why not research how American, Australian, British, or New Zealand universities are using e-learning?
In reply to Dr. Nellie Deutsch

by Nalin Abeysekera -

Hello Nellie,

Yes, we have to research on other countries too...i read one article yesterday how south Africa doing well with e-learning…they are using instructional radio..as defined in e-learning we can use that also. this is cost effective for countries like sri lanka too. Because of our law computer penetration. In sri lanka our literacy rate is more than 90%..one of the best in developing countries. .But compute literacy rate is 10-12%(that also high in capital (Colombo)very law in rural) ..Hence research can be done in many aspects and I see there is a need of separate research center for e-learning with branches(virtual?) in at least 40 capitals in the  world. Continuous research will update the situation and will add new knowledge to world too.