Introductions

Re: Introductions

by Cristina Costa -
Number of replies: 1
Hi Dan!
What a great intro!

Let me tell you all about me.

I am Cristina and I am a Learning Technologies Development Officer at the University of Salford, UK.
Before that I was an EFL teacher in Portugal.
Copyright is a big issue here as it also is intellectual property.
And I have some strongs views on copyright in education and that these should be different from the copyright in other contexts of our life, simply because learning is about sharing and have access to different points of view and resources.
I have noticed that staff is very reluctant about going online because of the IP rights, so they claim. However, they don't seem that worried when using materials that belong to other authors in their classes. That is slightly worrying.

I think there is a changing in the culture happening and that many people are already sharing their work more, but we still have a lot of people still wanting to own what its theirs and what is not, and that really upsets me. I have recently gone through something quite similar about that with a staff member...not pleasant let me tell.
looking forward to learning more about copyright issues with you all.
In reply to Cristina Costa

Re: Introductions

by Nelba Quintana -

Hello, Dan! My name is Nelba Quintana. I am a teacher of English and sworn translator from Argentina.

I think that this topic is very interesting. I took a seminar about property and I was fascinated with it. Unfortunatelly, it was too short to develop the idea of intellectual property, that is why I enrolled this discussion.

Looking foward to learning more about this topic.