Taxonomy of Collaborative E-Learning: Working with Parallel, Sequential and/or Synergistic Collaboration

Re: Taxonomy of Collaborative E-Learning: Working with Parallel, Sequential and/or Synergistic Collaboration

by Lawrence Wasserman PhD -
Number of replies: 2

I am working on a knowledge sharing project that includes developing a taxonomy and collaboration tools. Any good references would be appreciative. KS refers to sharing informstion, data and best practices around trade and commercialization success stories of funded projects in African countries. Any good KS models etc. again appreciative.

In reply to Lawrence Wasserman PhD

Re: Taxonomy of Collaborative E-Learning: Working with Parallel, Sequential and/or Synergistic Collaboration

by Janet Salmons -

Lawrence- I'd be happy to talk with you about developing taxonomies, if you want to contact me at jsalmons@vision2lead.com.

Janet

In reply to Lawrence Wasserman PhD

by Elizabeth Wallace -

Hi Lawrence:

I'd like to throw out one idea for you (and others) to consider, and that is the concept of knowledge in the plural. Spell check hates it when I refer to knowledges, but from a critical perspective I'd suggest that we should always think that way.

I'm sure I don't have to explain the rationale behind the concept. Each of us possesses an unique set of understandings/experiences/cultural biases that we call knowledge (not that I'm daring to provide a definitive definition of knowledge!) I would suggest that the aggregation of that individual knowledge should lead us naturally to thinking of knowledges in the plural, and to the idea of sharing and exchanging them. 

Many of us in this forum are educators who are comfortable talking about the need for learners to acquire skills (in the plural) and attitudes (in the plural). There are a few souls who have published on knowledges in the plural, but not many. My neglected blog at http://knowledgesexchange.wordpress.com/ references some of them.

Lawrence, you could be one in a million if your model embraces the pluralistic dimension of KS!

Liz