Social Media in Education: Collaborative Book Chapter Contribution

Social Media in Education: Collaborative Book Chapter Contribution

by Sandy Hirtz -
Number of replies: 3
A wealth of information on Social Media and Social Networking is amassing. I would like to invite everyone to combine this knowledge and experience into a chapter for the BCcampus Collaborative Book.

The book is a collaborative effort with nearly 100 contributors from predominantly post secondary locations all over the world. To date the book has 30 chapters and is still growing. It is being published by the Commonwealth of Learning. Publication date is set for July 13th to coincide with the Fifth Pan-Commonwealth Forum on Open Learning.

The book is a resource that offers practical, contemporary guidance to support e-Learning decision making, instructional choices, program and course planning and development. The working title is "Empowering Education for a Digital World: Advice, Guidelines and Effective Practice From Around the Globe".

A book outline and list of contributors is available in Wikispaces:
http://collaborativebook.wikispaces.com/
Detailed information is available in the Book Project Forum of the BCcampus Expo Marketplace Online Community:
http://community.bccampus.ca/expo

Please join an informal information webinar Thursday November 22nd at 12:00pm. During the session we will introduce the wiki created to compile chapter content.

(Edited by Sylvia Currie - original submission Monday, 19 November 2007, 04:30 PM. Fixed the wikispace link.)

In reply to Sandy Hirtz

Re: Social Media in Education: Collaborative Book Chapter Contribution

by Sylvia Currie -
I just want to pop in here as a participant in the BCcampus Collaborative Book project. It's been a fascinating experience working on the book so far -- so many interesting people! Most of the chapters are jointly authored, which has made it a richer experience all around.

If you are interested in contributing even just a wee bit to this chapter on Social Media in Education I encourage you to attend today's session with Sandy at 12:00 PST. With this topic we could base so much on what we have discussed so far in this seminar.
Then wouldn't it be terrific if we could all meet up at the Fifth Pan-Commonwealth Forum on Open Learning for the book launch in London, UK July '08! Okay, that's my BIG dream. For today, I hope to see you online in the Elluminate session.
In reply to Sylvia Currie

by Sandy Hirtz -
I created the wiki to compile the chapter on Social Media in Education for the collaborative book.

I am fascinated by how quickly the social netscape is evolving. At todays online session we can together create a chapter outline.

Looking forward to this project and combining everyone's expertise.

In reply to Sandy Hirtz

by Therese Weel -
Hi Sandy,

I've had a look at your project wiki in the past few days - Impressive!

Planning to be in the elluminate room at noon today.

Happy to do what I can to help.

TW