Questions ~

Re: Questions ~

by Therese Weel -
Number of replies: 1

How do you handle this? Are you naturally outgoing (I think of the marketing or consulting "mode"), or is there some other way you begin to engage people online who you do not know?

Jeffrey

This was new to me as well. I have been an "IT" person since the 80's. I started investigating the net with gusto in late 2003 I was amazed by the human element. The net itself is pretty simple - a website is simply a fancy file on a hard drive somewhere. Add human beings to the equation and it takes on a life of its own.

it is important to be authentic so that when you do skype or meet that person you maintain the trust you have built up in an online relationship. Many people meet their spouses online - having a text relationship can help them determine if they are compatible.

OCLC Report Oct 2007
Last month I had a look at this report on Sharing Privacy and Trust in Our Network World. It is the result of a formal study of online users in several countries. People are becoming more open to interacting with each other on line.

It is 180ish pages long but has lots of charts and diagrams - it gave me a feel for how people use the net these days.

In reply to Therese Weel

Re: Questions ~

by Janet Salmons -

Thanks for posting this report!

kissAlso, I am one of those people-- I met my husband online. We are very happy together!