TASKS and an inquiry based approach

TASKS and an inquiry based approach

by Peter Rawsthorne -
Number of replies: 2

The official start date for this seminar series is December 1st. So starting tomorrow I will be posting a discussion thread describing a TASK. This task will ask a number of questions with the hope it will kick off a personal and collaborative inquiry. I am hoping this task driven approach will drive and focus  the learning over the next two weeks. The task will be posted in the AM PST, with the hope people will contribute during the day, and create a healthy dicussion. I will post my views in the PM PST and the next day we will move into another task. I will do my best to stay to this pattern, yet I will be flexible so not to disrupt other fruitful discussion. I'm open to suggestions, so please speak up if you have other approaches...

In reply to Peter Rawsthorne

Re: TASKS and an inquiry based approach

by Wayne Mackintosh -

Hi Peter,

Regarding time zones which can confuse many educators ;-) - drawing on our experiences runing workshops / discussions over 24 time zones perhaps it's worth considering a model where participants work in their own time zone.  For example, participants should execute "Wednesday's Task" on their Wednesday (in their own time zone.) 

This shifts the cognitive load for calculating time / zones onto the facilitator but works rather well.  

In reply to Wayne Mackintosh

Re: TASKS and an inquiry based approach

by Peter Rawsthorne -

Wayne,

Very good guidance!! Thank-you! And no doubt you have much experience with this. This is particularly wise given I am in close to the the last time zone for a given day.

I will propose TASKS for a given day and allow people to contribute during that day.

Peter